11 October 2015

"I want to be a surgeon. Go around the world. Help people."
Oct 11th, 2015
     I'm a pre-med student and currently a junior in college. Three years ago, I came to the U.S with my mom and my brother. I decided to follow my dream at the first day of college - becoming a surgeon. "But why?". I ask myself this question a lot and... a lot.
     Back in Vietnam, when I was still a kid, we had many programs that operated free surgeries for poor kids who had cleft palate or congenital heart disease. These operations were performed by outstanding surgeons coming mostly from the U.S and France. As the result, they brought smiles and healthy lives to many children. What a wonderful ability a person could achieve, isn't it? There are still many reasons that lead to why I want what I want as today, but the programs and these surgeons are truly my inspiration. So, when my first-grade teacher asked us what we wanted to become when we grew up, I already had the answer. I want to be a surgeon. Go around the world. Help people.
     It's going to be really difficult. I know. Understanding how the human body works and being able to identify the problems when something happens is a serious matter, but nothing is impossible as long as I work hard and believe in myself.

Next post: I want to cycle around the world.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is, by far, the best reason for a person to want to go into medicine. Very inspirational, can't wait to hear next week's story!